About this role
In a typical day you’ll be preparing sketches or completing detail and layout drawings for product or plant equipment. You’ll work independently on the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience.
As well as your own projects, you’ll be supervising and guiding less experienced drafters on some phases of design.
You'll have good knowledge of FCA North American standards and specifications from your previous experience. You'll have a good understanding of BA GEO and Fixture Tools for Framing, Bodyside Systems and Sub Assembly.
- 5+ years Mechanical Design with ability to modify existing 3D and 2D models for “Kits” and create new designs
- Good knowledge of auto assembly strategies (i.e. part flow within an assembly plant / body shop), vendor coordination (importing Weld Guns, End of Arm Tooling, etc.), work in model space and paper space, basic understanding of how a GEO and Respot Systems function
- NX CAD skills for Body Assembly.
- Basic Detail stack up and methodology and how it relates to machining and tool stack up
- Familiar with NAAMS Standards, FCA Standards, Attributes, tree structure (File & Model)
- Understanding of Mechanical Design Sequences / Controls documents to Controls Design.
What we offerIn addition to your hourly wages, Brunel offers several benefit options that include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB259245
- Location: Southfield
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Automotive
- Education level: Other
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, May 2, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching NX Tooling Designer - Michigan
Confirmation sent to