About this role
- Work with SMEs and BAs to refine requirements, solution approach, and acceptance criteria.
- Develop software that meets the requirements and acceptance criteria using Java and efficient SQL.
- Over time, become an expert in the domain, platform capabilities, and database schema.
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Refining and developing applications that have detailed business rules.
- 3+ years’ of experience developing clean code using Java.
- Experience working with complex business applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other science degrees that involve programming or equivalent experience with fleet management software, ERP, or financial accounting systems.
- Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, testing, and debugging.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Experience/skills in analyzing requirements and communicating them clearly; love for learning the intricacies of a domain.
- Development experience with persistence frameworks, such as Hibernate and MyBatis.
- Experience in any of the following domains: transportation, truck lease rental, fleet management, shop management, material accounting, financial accounting, ERP.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with JIRA, GIT, IBM i (AS 400), and/or Linux or Unix.
- Experience with resolving escalated support issues.
- Experience with designing/developing business process applications, business process (re - engineering), business processes modelling notation and execution, such as BPMN and BPEL.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB260676
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Services
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: IT & Telecom
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Software Development & Application Management
- Closing date: Monday, May 11, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Java Developer - Alberta
Confirmation sent to