About this role
As a CDL driver in this role you'll be moving and delivering explosive products to company or customer sites in a timely and safe manner.
You'll be driving and operating straight bed vehicles over public roads following all safety procedures.
- Driving and operating straight bed vehicles, or bulk/blend trucks in order to prepare and deliver quality products to customer sites
- Operating and performing maintenance on straight, and dewatering trucks (or less), delivering and offloading product
- Calibrating equipment, calculating fuel percentages and checking emulsion density
- Loading and unloading all trucks, and maintaining magazines, sites, and inventories
All through, you will follow every safety procedure, and maintaining safe working conditions: in the shop, while driving, while operating equipment and while on blast sites - in order to protect the personal safety and safety of others.
You must be able to operate and perform minor maintenance of heavy motor vehicles. You'll perform gassing operations within H&S Management System procedures.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 36+ months of related experience
- 24+ months of experience with the mining industry
- CDL class A/B
- Air Brakes endorsement
- HAZMAT endorsement
- Must be at least 21 years of age
What we offer
What’s on offer for you? A phenomenal package for permanent employees that includes:
- Vacation time + 10 paid holidays + PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to 4% 401k match AND an additional company contribution of 1-5% (based on years of service)
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, Brunel can help you get the role you want. Brunel helps you by finding experience that will add value to your resume and fast-track your career.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding a job can be a fulltime job in itself. We support you through the entire process, from identifying opportunities, submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to securing offers and assisting with on-boarding.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB239375
- Location: White Hall
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Mining
- Education level: Other
- Area of Expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Closing date: Sunday, December 22, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching CDL Driver - Maryland
Confirmation sent to