About this role
- Assist the department for all contractual and commercial matters related to procurement and contract management of infrastructure projects including roads, bridges, drainage systems,utilities, and buildings;
- Pre-tender and tendering activities including tender documents preparation, tender evaluation and reporting, Post tender negotiations, and Contract award, for Design, Design and Build, Secondment and Framework agreements, etc;
- Preparation of Preliminary and detailed cost estimates / bills of quantities;
- Assessment & processing of Payment applications;
- Claims,variations and final contract settlement;
- Contract administration works including drafting related Contractual correspondence;
- Assist in preparation of annual financial budget for Department projects;
- External & internal coordination pertinent to contractual and commercial matters;
- Performance of other related duties as per management instructions.
- BSc / BEng degree in related Engineering field from an institute of repute;
- Recognized qualifications in Contracts, Law, Claims or related qualification is highly desirable;
- 5 years of demonstrable relevant experience working in infrastructure projects including roads, bridges, drainage systems, utilities,and buildings;
- Experience and knowledge of international and GCC conditions of Engagement/ Contract (e.g. FIDIC, PWA, etc.);
- Proven Knowledge of design codes and construction practices related to infrastructure projects;
- Proven Experience in design of infrastructure / building projects;
- Experience in procurement, claims and tendering activities (Pre-Tender, tender, and post-tender Stages) for Contracts such as Design, Design and Build, Secondment,Frameworks, etc.
What we offer
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates and a benefits package. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we can get you the contract to suit you. With Brunel you gain experience , building on your skills and enhancing your resume.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB260150
- Location: Qatar
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Closing date: Friday, April 10, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Contracts Engineer - Grade 2 - Qatar
Confirmation sent to