About this role
- The Site contract portfolio includes marine dredging works, wharf construction, demolition of existing site facilities and marine offset construction, amongst others.
- Individual must have excellent relationship skills, leadership qualities in managing contractors and has worked on Canadian Projects (including lump sum contracts).
- Key External Interfaces: Site Contractors delivering 'Company Provided Item' scope; Other local contractors & suppliers; First Nations groups
- Manage heavy workload in a fast paced environment
- Influence and collaborate with local and international contractors & suppliers
- Seamlessly interface with Project management teams (Project Managers, Cost & Planning, Finance, Legal etc.)
- Support the delivery of Company provided Item (CPI) scopes
- Be self-motivated and a high performer
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in contracting and procurement
- Experience of managing early works / Company Provided Items contracts (both lump sum and reimbursable)
- Application of contracting and procurement systems, processes and tools
- Contract management & governance in capital projects
- Strong commercial acumen / awareness, demonstrated via negotiations with contractors and large contract savings
- Must have experience working on mega CAPEX projects
- Comprehensive understanding of contracting in a major project context
- Applied knowledge of effective local content development
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB245400
- Location: Kitimat
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 50
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Saturday, February 1, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Contracts Manager - British Columbia
Confirmation sent to