About this role
In this role you will be the expert for all mechanical design and equipment for the Owner. You will be the Owner’s representative for all interfaces with mechanical equipment: you will be providing support, guidance, and oversight to an EPC contractor.
You’ll specialize in mechanical equipment, piping, valves and insulation and you’ll primarily be responsible for providing technical direction and expertise of mechanical system activities associated with a significant LNG project. You will provide technical support and direction during the execution of commissioning and startup activities. You’ll be ensuring the design aspects of the project are intact in preparation for commercial operations.
You’ll be providing support to other disciplines as required, to ensure effective communication between various departments that will support mechanical equipment operations.
This position will initially be located at the site in Hackberry, LA. Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) will be required.
- Manages assigned phases of the commissioning and startup for rotating equipment, valves and piping associated with this major LNG project
- Perform SUC walk downs PSSR and safety review walk downs and punch verification
- Review schedules and provide feedback to help expedite commissioning activities
- Coordinates the design as well as preparation of data, documentation, reports and schedules required to support construction, commissioning and turnover of the project
- Manages consultants and contractors in the preparation and evaluation of equipment performance and site tests as well as critical evaluation of results
- Monitors and provides project status updates to project management and project development including relevant conditions and activities that may impact the development, completion or performance of project and facilities
- Works closely with contractors to ensure effective performance and proper quality of equipment installed
- Provides appropriate direction and guidance of internal contributing by performing as a liaison within the E&C Department
- Participates and occasionally leads studies associated with specific technological developments and ad-hoc special technical studies as may be requested
- Ensures the specification and design requirements of both cold and hot insulation are adhered to
Strong knowledge of mechanical equipment such as rotating equipment, heat exchangers, valves, structures and piping including installation, operation and maintenance.
Strong technical management abilities with effective project management and leadership skills.
Strong skills with vibration data analysis, performance analysis, equipment surge testing equipment alignment and control system interface.
Strong ability to understand and communicate issues about dry gas seals, mechanical seals and bearings.
Familiar with construction processes and project controls to achieve time, budget and quality metrics.
Possess in-depth knowledge of construction techniques and practices in the energy, natural gas and/or petroleum industries.
Previous experience with Piping systems and process is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (or at least 10 years of experience in place of bachelor’s degree)
- Requires a minimum of 12-15 year experience in the energy industry especially in commissioning and start up)
- Experience in LNG Liquefaction is an advantage
If you have proven experience with Gas turbine, gas compressors and process pump applications, especially for commissioning and start up on LNG / Ethylene plants, then we want to hear from urgently.
What we offer
Competitive base salary plus generous annual bonus incentive scheme. As this is a permanent role there is no per diem, but full relocation assistance is provided.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself, and roles like these may not be advertised widely. Our expert team will get your resume in front of the right person at the right time. We’ll coordinate your interviews and manage the offer process, even assisting with relocation and on-boarding. Let us get you going, so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB243977
- Location: Hackberry
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Closing date: Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Mechanical Engineer - Louisiana
Confirmation sent to