About this role
- Perform all Piping Engineering activities in accordance with regulatory requirements, project specifications and approved variations if any, to ensure project deliverables are met;
- Develop, implement and amend specifications, procedures and controls covering all areas of Piping Engineering activities to ensure effective project delivery;
- Evaluate complex tasks providing appropriate recommendations and analysis to management on piping issues. Provide expertise and support to other discipline engineers and contribute to multi-disciplinary tasks, as required, ensuring completion of activities within schedule;
- Provide Piping Engineering inputs and technical support throughout Project Life Cycle ensuring timely solutions to problems and providing flawless project execution. Elevate issues to project Management Team, when necessary;
- Uphold all project philosophies and procedures ensuring these are applied to the specification, design and procurement of piping items.
- Monitor the performance of contractors, providing guidance as necessary to ensure piping aspects of the scope and optimal costs are achieved while meeting project deliverables;
- Review and validate all Piping Engineering documents (drawings/datasheets/philosophies/ specifications etc.) produced by vendors, contractors and consultants to ensure alignment with project specifications and Company standards;
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project specification and contract documents, in particular EPC contractors scope of work.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent;
- 8+ years’ experience of Piping Engineering in a major project environment in the oil and gas industry, with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations;
- Working knowledge of 3D modelling software and processes used during detail engineering phase of the project.
What we offer
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates and a benefits package. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we can get you the contract to suit you. With Brunel you gain experience , building on your skills and enhancing your resume.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB259991
- Location: Qatar
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 48
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Thursday, April 9, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Piping Engineering Specialist - Qatar
Confirmation sent to