About this role
You’ll be accountable to the Engineering Manager for managing process engineering and flow assurance activities during the Project FEED and Execution phase. You’ll manage the interfaces between disciplines including SPS and UFR packages.
You’ll ensure interface requirements with the subsea facilities, flowlines and pipelines are incorporated into the design. All operations and maintenance requirements are taken into consideration.
You’ll establish excellent communication and understanding between external engineering contractors, their vendors and mid-stream providers, and internal project teams such as field operations, package managers (SPS, UFR and FPU) and engineering discipline leads. You will be a key communicator with technical functions at headquarters.
Everything you do will be in accordance with HSE rules and requirements. The outcome will be design and operations that are performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
- Subject Matter Expert and technical authority on process design/engineering topics, identifying and resolving critical process issues
- Co-ordinating with other technical disciplines to provide responses to complex problems related to process design, operability and availability, integrity, instrumentation and control, emissions, rotating equipment, static equipment, etc.
- Leading process and flow assurance studies and PID reviews, including HAZOP reviews, project safety reviews, technical audits and value engineering during various phases of project implementation
- Managing third party support studies, plus technical evaluation of consultants/contractors/vendors to recommend successful bidders.
- Approving process and flow assurance technical documentation submitted by Engineering Contractors and other third parties
- Representing the project at seminars/conferences/workshops on all issues related to Process Engineering and Flow Assurance
You’ll bring your know-how and expertise in operation and process engineering in oil & gas industry. You’ll have excellent problem-solving skills for complex and integrated processes. You’ll have a track record of team leadership, conflict management and problem-solving skills.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to apply your analytical, interpretative and constructive thinking. You’ll use evaluative judgment to make sound decisions that will have a big impact. Make 2020 the year you really get ahead.
You'll be degree-qualified with at least 15+ years of experience in operation and/or process engineering.
Your resume should show at least 10 years of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities on process and flow assurance.
In addition you will have a current PE or charter engineer status.
Familiar with API RP 14C, API STD 521, API STD 520 part I & II
What we offer
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB253535
- Location: Houston
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Other
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, March 28, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Process Engineer - Texas
Confirmation sent to