About this role
- Manage product categories to ensure proper product selection, including the identification and introduction of new products; efficient distribution; proper shelving space allocations; competitive costing, fair retail pricing and effective promotional strategies;
- Forecast, track and analyze category and product volumes and evaluate industry wide trends and the competitive landscape to develop a sales growth strategy for specific products or groups of products;
- Manage vendor relationships including selecting and negotiating with vendors to provide products and services sought by customers, optimizing volume rebates and promotional funding support, and resolving site-level vendor issues;
- Conduct business analysis, make recommendations on marketing plans and sales fundamentals, and implement specific business plan strategies and initiatives such as preparation of quarterly/annual category business reviews;
- Communicate and support Retail Operations team members and retailers, including but not limited to: program/key product lists, category-specific merchandising, pricing and inventory management training store layouts, audits, articles and merchandising;
- Develop and implement selling concepts and tools to support category projects and provide post launch support and recommendations to sales and customers through performance tracking and analysis.
- University degree;
- Business degree with a specialization in Marketing and MBA (asset);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a vendor or retailer in operations, marketing, purchasing or selling in a multi-unit retail environment;
- Category Management or consumer/ product analytical experience in a retail environment;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw insights from internal and external data sources;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with superior attention to detail;
- Creative approach to negotiating and problem-solving;
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams with a demonstrated ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships;
- Passion to see projects through from inception to completion and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong planning skills;
- Previous experience in managing the tobacco category.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB249681
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Closing date: Friday, March 6, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Retail Category Manager - Alberta
Confirmation sent to