About this role
- Provides technical management of Telecom center of excellence, ensuring that agreedservice levels are met and all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Carries out the full range of defined tasks associated with operating and controlling theinstalled (or virtual) Telecommunication system hardware and software. This may involve the
use of multiple Telecommunication hardware and software platforms, and both local and widearea networks.
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures.Provides instruction to less experienced colleagues in all aspects of current and correct
- Configures tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changedTelecommunication system infrastructure.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of Telecommunication system installationand maintenance work associated with the installation as a whole, including building and
configuring infrastructure components in virtualized environments. Implements agreedinfrastructure changes and maintenance routines, utilizing the appropriate tools and test
equipment. Ensures that procedures are followed, including those relating to safety andsecurity.
- Assists in producing outline Telecommunication system designs and specifications coveringobjectives, scope, features, facilities, management, reliability, resilience, security, constraints
(such as performance, resources and cost), hardware, network and software environments,main system functions and information flows, traffic volumes, data load and implementation
strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered.
- Takes responsibility for all stages of the life cycle for Telecommunication software/hardwareand transmission media development of relatively simple communication systems, including
investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade andmigration. Assists with more complex systems.
- Defines, documents and safely executes small-scale projects, or sub-projects, activelyparticipating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues
which might impact on the success of the project.
- Prioritizes and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes ofincidents and seeks resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information Systems or other relevant discipline.
- 6 years' of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry).
- Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques.
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated experience in IT support environment.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB261008
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Friday, May 15, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Telecommunications Engineer - Alberta
Confirmation sent to