About this role
- Develop and maintain the Project Integration Schedule, based on careful study of the project’s engineering, contracting and construction plans and schedules.
- Analyze the project design, using the 3D model and design drawings to identify interface and timing issues.
- Analyze the relationships between construction contracts and develop/maintain a master list of interface milestones.
- Determine planned float for relationships between interface milestones, in consultation with the Construction Management Team.
- Communicate milestones for each contract/contractor and implement a cyclical reporting method for contractors to provide regular updates on milestone achievements or changes thereto.
- Monitor construction progress and update the Project Integration Schedule.
- Provide reports to the Construction Management Team on the Project Integration Schedule and highlight any changes or concerns.
- Facilitate the Construction Management Integration meetings on a bi-weekly or weekly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 10+ years’ of experience in the construction industry
- Must have heavy background in construction planning
- A strong understanding of path of construction on large construction projects.
- Demonstrated problem–solving, prioritization, planning and analytical skills
- Ability to drive to intelligent solutions to maintain / accelerate schedule together with reducing or maintaining cost
- Experience interfacing with contractors
- Strong scheduling abilities.
- Experience with Primavera P6.
- Experience with SmartPlant is an asset.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal oversight.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB256705
- Location: Sarnia
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: (Petro)Chemical
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Construction & Commissioning
- Closing date: Friday, April 17, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Construction Planner - Ontario
Confirmation sent to