About this role
- Ensure that the works are performed technically correctly in the discipline that he is responsible;
- Maintain compliance with the RC plan;
- Review that all required Materials are available to Construction Contractors;
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or retesting;
- Ensure work is performed per plans, procedures and specifications via coordination with the Quality Assurance plan;
- Participate in the QA/QC inspections for its discipline;
- Manage interface between Construction Contractors in its Project Area;
- Participate in weekly meeting with Construction Contractors in its Project Area;
- Monitor progress to ensure Construction milestones are understood;
- Coordinate between the construction contractor and the project engineer to resolve field discrepancies in design packages and material delays;
- Review contractor work performance and project status updates;
- Manage interface between project turnover activities with the Commissioning Engineer and Quality Assurance/Quality Control and Construction Contractors Groups in its discipline;
- Manage the punch list completion in its discipline.
- Engineering Degree or Technologists Diploma;
- Minimum 6 years of Construction experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of discipline of expertise;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a non-confrontational manner and work collaboratively;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB250078
- Location: Sarnia
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: (Petro)Chemical
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Construction & Commissioning
- Closing date: Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Mechanical Construction Coordinator - Ontario
Confirmation sent to