About this role
- Define the execution strategies and plans, cost estimate and schedule required to deliver on the scope of work
- Plan and secure the internal and external resources required to deliver on the execution plans
- Oversee performance of the Engineering contractors, suppliers and, Construction contractors for the assigned scope
- Drive progress against the plans established and develop and implement course corrections as required.
- Report on progress and forecast outcome of the project to the Project Manager on a regular basis
- Ability to lead large projects through various phases, from idea generation to implementation and commissioning;
- Exceptional commitment to safe execution and environmental performance (Responsible Care)
- Proven ability to understand and translate project objectives into execution plans
- Demonstrated leadership in managing changes,
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to coach and develop high-performing teams and individuals
- Comprehensive knowledge of EPCM and client processes and procedures as it relates to project development and execution.
- Thorough understanding of risks, and mitigations, inherent to major project execution.
- Capacity to effectively negotiate and manage multi-million dollars contracts.
- Lead the development of project scope, budgets, costs, forecasting & scheduling
- Develop project staffing plans, RACIs and support team alignment
- Ensuring implementation of appropriate VIPs
- Ensuring the project adheres to all Project Management processes and Engineering standards
- Developing high-level project execution strategies & plans, including validation plans
- Ensuring the management of change procedures are followed by the project team
- Ensuring that pre-startup audit reviews are conducted by the plant sit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- P.Eng is required, PMP is an asset
- Significant experience in an industrial or heavy construction setting
- 15+ years’ of experience
- Strong construction experience in both greenfield and brownfield projects
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, and Code
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with the ability to provide instructions in safety and emergency response
- Able to work independently and possesses strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven computer skills with excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products would be beneficial
What we offerWhy work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB261156
- Location: Sarnia
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: (Petro)Chemical
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Friday, May 15, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Project Engineer - Ontario
Confirmation sent to