About this role
- Manage formalized project cost management systems and processes to enable the port to more effectively cost and deliver its portfolio of infrastructure projects
- Manage budgeting, forecasting, tracking, analysis and reporting protocols for all project related costs (using Earned Value & other methodologies) and work collaboratively with the Infrastructure division to ensure a team approach to effective cost management
- Implement the structure, processes and systems to achieve the objectives of the department
- Implement and deliver best-practice processes and systems for project cost forecasting, reporting, analysis and management
- Ensure consistent use of best-practice cost management methodologies
- Working closely with the Accounting department, ensure accurate capturing of project costs in our clients system of record, including effective coding by projects, contracts, work breakdown structures, etc.
- Assess overall completeness and accuracy of project cost estimates at various stages of project life cycle, including adequacy of total estimated costs to completion
- Working closely with program/project owners, identify and support the realization of cost optimization opportunities
- Manage risk identification, quantification and mitigation’s workshops
- Support program/project owners to manage cost risks (including performing quantitative risk analysis), contingency and spending approvals
- Participate in the development of departmental plans and be responsible for the development and implementation of activities and programs designed to meet the intention of specific strategic priorities
- Participate as a member of various management and inter-departmental teams in the planning, implementation and management of business initiatives
- Plan, implement and review departmental staffing requirements for areas of responsibility, including the determination of clear position descriptions, accountabilities and reporting arrangements to optimize service delivery to all stakeholders
- Liaise with Human Resources to ensure the effective selection, training and performance management of staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering or related field
- 10+ years working experience in a similar position
- EPC or Heavy Industrial experience (Oil/Gas/Mining/Transportation) is preferred
- Must be proficient in Primavera and Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent leadership qualities and management skills.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation while managing a breadth of responsibilities. Must also demonstrate effective decision-making, planning and initiative, while fostering the development of all of these competencies in our clients emerging leaders.Must have demonstrated ability to create and manage new systems and processes to support cost management of projects.
- Able to collaborate with peers’ managers in other departments to collect information, support their needs for information & analyses, and providing feedback and guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB259859
- Location: Vancouver
- Market: Infrastructure
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Public & Civil
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Closing date: Thursday, May 7, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Cost Control Manager - British Columbia
Confirmation sent to