About this role
As Senior HydroPower Project Manager you will have a strong focus on the project engineering detail.
You’ll have a wide variety of multidisciplinary projects to work on, for both new construction and modification of existing structures. In this role, Project Engineering includes all phases of project development, from conceptual feasibility studies and cost analyses through permitting, construction, and post-construction monitoring.
You’ll need to stamp and certify engineering studies that you perform, or that are performed by the staff reporting to you.
You’ll be project managing budgets, schedules and deliverables. You’ll perform technical work associated with any of the projects to ensure all client expectations are met. You’ll have a managerial function too, as you’ll be supervising, developing, evaluating and assigning work to other engineers and technical personnel.
- Work closely with project managers and lead engineers on Hydropower projects
- Preparation and review of design calculations, design criteria documents or studies
- Preparation and review of field work plans, construction activities, schedules, and cost estimates
- Preparation and review of construction and bid specifications
- Preparation and review of drawings and figures for meetings and reports
- Preparation and review of written reports, license and permit applications
As well as the variety in your projects, you will also be visiting a range of locations, with occasional travel for business (10-25%). You’ll participate in site inspections in the field; some project facilities are potentially located in remote areas with rugged unimproved terrain. You’ll also have construction oversight of field work for a range of projects.
Ideally you will have dam engineering experience with a strong background in the fields of civil/structural, geotechnical or hydraulic engineering. While you will primarily be responsible for projects related to hydropower and water-retaining structures, some of your work will be on other types of energy projects (offshore wind, solar, traditional thermal generation and underground hydrocarbon storage).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited Engineering Program
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Active registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the United States
- Ability to travel occasionally for business (approximately 10 – 25%)
- Existing standing in industry organizations.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with hydroelectric facilities.
- Experience may include generation studies, working knowledge of the FERC & USACE process and guidelines, and engineering experience at such facilities.
- Past participation in the FERC Part 12D inspection process, either as a participant or as a FERC approved Independent Consultant.
Additional knowledge of other energy generation facilities, including solar and fossil generation, is a bonus.
If you are ready for a move to one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services organizations, then get in touch. There’s a great mix of benefits for you, including medical, dental, and 401k. This company aims to provide health and financial stability throughout your career, as well as growing your technical skills and professional expertise.
Send your resume to Michika at email@example.com today.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB250099
- Location: Oregon
- Market: Infrastructure
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Utilities & Distribution
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Sunday, March 8, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Civil Engineer - Oregon
Confirmation sent to