About this role
In this role you’ll be performing technical tasks, interacting with clients and participating in industry events. Your focus will be on projects related to hydropower and water retaining structures. A minor portion of your workload will be dedicated to other types of energy projects so there is plenty of variety (such as offshore wind, solar, traditional thermal generation and underground hydrocarbon storage).
If you have experience or are working on dam engineering in projects now, then this is a great role to take you onto the next level.
You'll bring your strong background in civil/structural, geotechnical or hydraulic engineering and apply your expertise to a range of tasks.
Hydro Engineers are involved in regular client-facing meetings and conferences and in this role you will need to spend time out and about. As a subject matter expert you will have authority to represent the company with every interaction.
Some of the tasks you will be involved in include:
- Producing hydraulic, geotechnical or structural calculations, design drawings and documents, project standards and specifications
- Performing field inspections with senior engineers, including routine dam safety inspections, construction quality assurance and construction progress documentation
- Developing quantity take-offs, engineering cost estimates for projects involving hydraulic structures
- Reviewing and supervising the preparation of design calculations, modeling studies, drawings, reports, project standards and specifications
- Assisting in proposal development and providing technical support on a variety of water-related projects
If you are looking for a role that will give you depth into your subject as well as the opportunity to deliver a project you can really be proud of, get in touch.
What we're looking for on your resume:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering, or related field;
- 5+ years of experience, preferably with at least 3 years of related experience in dam engineering;
- Demonstrated experience with dam stability analysis, seismicity issues, flood hydrology, geotechnical knowledge, dam monitoring and instrumentation, dam operations, and risk assessment preferred;
- Regulatory knowledge with FERC, USACE, FEMA, USBR, and other local, state and federal agencies and regulators ;
- Experience with AutoCAD & Civil 3D, MicroStation and/or ArcGIS software;
- Familiarity with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, GeoSlope, ANSYS and/or STADD is also desirable but not essential;
If you have a Professional Engineer's License (or are able to obtain this within 12 months) then mention that in your covering letter. Add any additional qualifications such as a Master’s Degree.
Representing the company means you'll enjoy to occasional business trips, so you won't be stuck behind a desk the entire time. You'll have resources at your disposal to get the job done - on time, on budget etc.
This is a great role that will prepare you for higher management and senior leadership - you'll bring your influence, impact and organizational skills, we'll get you the rewards you deserve.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
About usBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB249678
- Location: Portland
- Market: Infrastructure
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Utilities & Distribution
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Friday, March 6, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Hydro Engineer - Oregon
Confirmation sent to